Offensive Fastbreak Transition
- EVERYONE must SPRINT in transition (no walking or jogging). We are running on MADE and MISSED baskets.
- On a made basket, the 5 (center) MUST immediately grab the ball from the rim and inbounds to the 1 (PG) who is doing a banana cut to push the ball on one of the sidelines.
- On a missed basket, the player who rebounds the ball pushes the ball up the sideline and the following rules apply.
- Next 2 players sprint to the corners, as the 1 is passing the ball up the sideline. If you get the open shot in the corner, shoot the ball.
- Next player runs straight down the middle for the easy bucket. If he gets the ball and cannot shoot, he looks for a corner shooter.
- If the player in the middle doesn't get the ball after cutting to the rim, he comes up to the elbow looking for a pass from the corner. The opposite corner does a slip cut underneath the basket looking for the pass. If he doesn't receive the pass, he sets a back door screen for the top player.
- If the corner player passes the ball to the elbow, a pin-down action happens Dribble Drive Handoff (DHO) occurs.
- If the ball gets reset to the top, we do a DHO to the other side and play.
- Ball pressure - tight on the ball and force a hard dribble.
- Move at the angle of the ball and direction of the ball with run throughs.
- Deny the passing lane if one pass away from the ball.
- Switch all screens.
- Trap, trap, trap.
- Strong side fronts, weak side plays middle line.
- Collapse on the pain and deny post passes.
- Box out.
- Tie ups in the paint.
- Attack and help and rotate.